NorthEast Wind Forum Index

SearchSearch   Forum SubscriptionsForum Subscriptions   FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo Gallery   CalendarCalendar ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   

Warminster Community Park (Retired Runway for Land/Snow)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Warminster Community Park (Retired Runway for Land/Snow) Reply with quote

Hey guys, just wanted to share my local flying spot.

Warminster Community Park contains a retired runway, a full 2,400 feet of paved air strip perfect for land kiting with any wheeled vehicle really. I use my old skateboard, and get going pretty good.

This old picture might help you gauge the size of the place!

The spot on Google Maps: http://tinyurl.com/ya7t9g (Or you can just type in 'Warminster Community Park') Its about 45 minutes out of the city.

North and South winds will blow across the strip, letting you cruise up and down the airstrip.

Lots of more info over on the Atlantic Kiteboarding forums

Its a fun, close spot for all the city dwellers. (All 3 of us as we have figured out.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NorthEast Wind Forum Index -> Pennsylvania All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: